Location – This will be any of the stores, or aggregate groups of stores, that can be identified and selected from the standard store “location” selector. The data in the report will be an aggregate of all the stores identified by that selection.
Offer Week – This is a single week selection from the standard calendar.
Offer – This is a selection of one of the offers that was active in the Offer Week selected. Warning: Although this offer list is filtered to the selected week, it is NOT filtered to the selected store list, and since it is possible to run an offer in a given week but not in all stores there exists the possibility that your selection of Offer and Location might work together to result in a report with no data.
Resulting Data Scope
- Time – the selected week
- Product – Items in the offer and all items that sold in the same basket with offer items.
- Geography – All stores in your Location specification in which the offer was run.
Rows represent items are grouped under 3 headings.
- Items Included in this Offer – These rows represent data for the items identified in the Offer definition as being on promotion.
- Other Items in the product Category of the Offer appearing in the Same Basket – These rows represent data for the items that were purchased in the same shopping transaction with at least one item that was on promotion in your selected offer. Further, these are items that are in the same product Category as the category of the items in the offer.
- Items in Other Categories appearing in the Same Basket – These rows represent data for the remaining items that were purchased in the same shopping transaction with at least one item that was on promotion.
So, to be a row in this report you had to be an item that was either in the promotion or in the same basket with a promoted item IN A STORE WHERE THE PROMOTION WAS RUNNING in the selected week.
Items – Just the decode of the SKU
UPC CODE – The SKU or PLU of the item.
$ Sales Rank – Represents the position of the item when dollar sales are sorted in descending order.
$ Sales – The sum of the list amount data from the transaction log.
Avg Units/Store/Week – The number of units sold per store selling for the week.
Avg Basket Size – The average transaction size, in Dollars based on the list amount of each item sold.
Avg Retail Price – Calculated as the total list price dollar spend divided by the total number of units sold.
% of Stores Selling – Not all the items in the report may have been available, or perhaps did not sell, in all the stores in our location selection. This gives us an idea of what percentage of the stores had item sales.
% Sold on Promo – The percentage of the items in that row that were sold with an associated markdown amount in the transaction data file.
% Sold on Promo Index – A measure of where your promotion dollars went. This index is the percentage of markdown units divided by the overall percentage of units sold – or –
(item markdown units / total markdown units) / (item units / total units )
# HH Buying – Then number of card identified households purchasing the row item.
HH Penetration – The number of households purchasing expressed as a percentage of the total number of households in the report.
Avg $/HH Buying – The amount spent on the item on a per household basis.
Unit Index by Segment – the percent of the segment purchasing of the item divided by the overall percent purchasing represented by the item – or –
(segment item units/total segment units) / (total item sales/total sales)
Category – Simply the product category to which the item is assigned.