Give insight into the components of sales change in the store.
- GEOG dimension selection is using the standard Location selector
- PROD dimension selection is using the standard Product selector.
- TIME scope of the report using the standard suite of Time selectors.
A hierarchical arrangement of the influences affecting the change in sales between the selected timeframe and timeframe of the same length immediately prior. Each hierarchical level/indentation explains the components of its hierarchical parent.
The formatting of the data in the rows is a bit tricky as we normally format data in COLUMNS rather than ROWS, and in this report the data type varies across the rows; sometimes a COUNT, sometimes a $ or a Unit Price.
- Identified Shopper $ – These are the sales dollars for transactions identified with a non-zero card id. The change in this data will be either increased or decreased by the performance of the continuing shoppers; decreased by the lack of spending by the lapsed shoppers, and increased by the spending of the new shoppers.
- Continuing Shoppers – These are the shoppers who shopped in both prior and current timeframes.
- Lapsed Shoppers – Are the shoppers who shopped in the prior timeframe but did not purchase in the current timeframe. Do not confuse the use of the term “lapsed” in this report with the LAPSED segment defined in the customer flow segmentation; they are different.
- New Shoppers – Are the shoppers who did NOT shop in the prior timeframe but who DID purchase in the current timeframe. Do not confuse the use of the term “new” in this report with the NEW segment defined in the customer flow segmentation; they are different.
- All Transactions $ – The total shopping in the scope of the report, regardless of the card ID. This change will be affected by the # of transactions and the $ spend per transaction.
- # of Transactions – The number of transactions.
- $ per Transaction – The average spend per transaction. This value is affected by the count of units in the transaction, and the price of the units purchased.
- Units per Transaction – The average number of items purchased per transaction.
- Average Unit Price – The average spend per item purchased.
- PRIOR- performance in the timeframe prior to the selected timeframe.
- CURRENT- performance in the selected timeframe.
- CHANGE-performance in the current timeframe less performance in the prior timeframe.
- % CHANGE – The CHANGE expressed as a percent of the performance in the prior timeframe.